Monday, June 29, 2015

Incoming Missionary Mail!! :)

 If you can't already tell by the lack of posts, I've kind of hit a dry spell with snail mail. For the last few weeks I've been 100% caught up on my outgoing, but have been finding an empty mail box day after day. Not even Postcrossing has come through for me. (I've actually had to dig up some of my other hobbies to keep me occupied!)

However...

 Look what I was so happy to find in my email inbox this morning! I am so excited!

Slowly but surely the Mexican mail system has been working just fine, and my missionary cousin Jason is getting my dorky little letters. :) Even more than that, they're actually making a difference. Jason wrote me to say:
 "Thank you so much for your cards. They seem to be getting to me right at the right times during stressful moments to give me a boost to get through them." 
That is totally ideal of course, but I just figured that more often than not they'd just be a silly little perk.


Kristie recently also gave me the wonderful pleasure of surprising me with a card she made herself! I just haven't taken a picture of it yet, but I'll have to add it to this post as soon as I do. :) It's seriously cute.

 

2 comments:

  1. Love those kids. :) How long does it seem to take for Jason to get your letters? I tried sending him one at the beginning of June but it hasn't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, actually. I couldn't figure out when exactly he took that picture, but I would imagine he'd get back to me within a week or two. I sent the letter in the picture in April, so if it is a recent photo, we're looking at about 8 weeks. Yours is probably going to come through soon!

    ReplyDelete

Non-snail mail is welcome too!