Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Today's Outgoing: June 2, 2015





This one is going out to my newest pen pal! Iris lives in Belgium, and we "met" through Postcrossing.

A while ago I found a bunch of extra thank you postcards from my wedding, so I've been sending out small batches of them for Postcrossing not because I'm a narcissist, but because hopefully it makes an interesting card for the recipient. I always include our wedding date in my note.

Iris sent me an email back through Postcrossing asking for my address so she could send me a thank you in return. I thought she just meant a thank you for sending her a postcard and that she was really going above and beyond the usual e-mail thank yous you can send through Postcrossing, but I was floored by what I found when her thank you arrived. Not only did she send me one of her own {gorgeous!} wedding thank yous, but we were also both married on the exact same day!!! Seriously, how amazing is that?

I got her card a few weeks ago, and I still can't get over its perfection. So beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I was sorry we had to cut down that huge Pine that was leaning over your room during a BIG storm. Thought we had flowers on the stump during your reception. Hope you can photoshop it out.

    ReplyDelete

Non-snail mail is welcome too!